1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age restriction for registration

Discussion in 'Welcome & Forum Rules/Code of Conduct' started by Clint Mitchell, 8 April 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint Mitchell

Clint Mitchell Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I have received emails on this subject and I fully appreciate any prospective members concerns regarding the public display of their personal information.

We currently have an age restriction of 13 years old in place for members wishing to join the forum. This is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPA). Although it would be ultra rare and very difficult to pursue any legal proceedings against me. As the owner of LRG, I still have a legal obligation to ensure that children do not see images or content that for whatever reason might upset them. Although rare, we do sometimes have images posted that display dead aircrew and I'm not sure on the situation in Germany with the displaying of the swastika symbol and allowing children to view it.

It is simply easier for me to implement an age restriction to bypass any legal issues that could arise in the future. It is an adult themed forum and I would rather not have the extra worry of ensuring that anything posted is suitable for all age groups 0 and upwards.

Although entering your date of birth is a requirement to get through the registration process. It is however not a requirement to display your DOB or age. There is an option where you can choose to not display your DOB or age in your account settings as shown here:

Screencapture-1.jpg

Simply uncheck the "Show your day and month of birth" and "Show year of birth" check boxes and your DOB details will not be publicly visible to any members.

Chris Eldridge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About the Luftwaffe Research Group

The purpose of this forum is to research and discuss the German air force active under the Nazi regime during the period of the Third Reich’s existence. It is a non-political forum which in no way agrees with or promotes the politics, ideologies, actions, or atrocities perpetrated by the Nazi regime. The discussion is to be limited to the military aspects of the Luftwaffe’s activities, equipment, personnel, tactics and aerial warfare during the period. The display of Nazi related images, emblems, uniforms and symbols such as the Swastika are purely for research and historical accuracy and in no way to be seen as promoting Nazi ideologies or politics.
  • Donations

This forum is run voluntarily by the LRG staff, but it costs money to pay for the hosting and any updates that are necessary from time to time. If you would like to donate some money to help cover these costs please do so via the donations link in the 'Nav bar'. Any amount however great or small will be very much appreciated.
/* Clint - Forum Front Page Animation */ /* Clint - Forum Messages Animation */